BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hari2
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I have to run sas code between RSUBMIT AND ENDRSUBMIT. 

The below 3 lines of code I will submit, it will call another program which is again stored in server itself. so I need to put that in between rsubmit and endrsubmit again. However I am getting error when I submit this as,

"ERROR: Invalid or unspecified remote session ID. Set OPTIONS REMOTE=session_id. Please help me to overcome this.

NOte: This is just a sample code, I have different programs in which I need to include multiple programs where those programs have lengthy of code between multiple rsubmit and endrsubmit statements.

"

rsubmit;

%include '/users/Startupcode.sas';

endrsubmit;

Startupcode.sas:

rsubmit;
data pathchk;
infile '/users/configfile.txt' dlm='$$$$$$$$$';
input var1 :$150.;
run;

endrsubmit;

4 REPLIES 4
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Hari2,

If you rsubmit an rsubmit statement than that second rsubmit gets executed on the remote server. And thus it will only work if that remote server is itself also connected to a SAS/Connect session via signon. The message you see indicates that is not the case.

I would need more detail on what needs to run where in order to help you figure out the proper way of doing things.

Kind regards,

- Jan.

Hari2
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Jan,

Thanks.

basically, I need to call a program from another program through #include method and both the programs should be submitted to server. And, all programs are saved in server location.

So here, when I submit Program 1, it is running fine. and to invoke 2nd program through #include method , since it is saved in server path , I need to put #include statement b/n rsub and endrsub. but the 2nd program, again has sas code between rsubmit and endrsubmit statemnts. So here the issue is coming.

Thanks,

Hari.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Code between rsubmit and endrsubmit needs a connection to another SAS/CONNECT session. If that is not there, it won't work, period. Either set up that required session on the server-side session before the %include, or delete the rsubmit/endrsubmit from the include.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Do I correctly rephrase your question as:

"I have code in an external .sas file and want that rsubmitted."

?

If so, there is no straightforward syntax to do that that I know of. (Would be nice if there was, though). Can't you add the rsubmit/endrsubmit pair to the file you %include? Otherwise, how about running a datastep that reads your SAS code into a temp file with rsubmit/endrsubmit added and then %include that temp file?

Untested:

filename runme temp;
filename source '...';
data _null_;
   infile source end=eof; 
   put runme;
   if _n_=1 then put ' rsubmit';
   input;
   put _infile_;
   if (eof) then put 'endrsubmit;';
run;
%include runme;

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation