BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alj388
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Everyone.

I live in Charlotte, NC. I was a bus driver to change career to SAS programmer since last year, I passed base and advanced certificate in October 2017, then I practiced SAS University edition with some projects, I really need some more hand on experiences before I can fit a job independently, so is there anyone doing a big project need assistance or you are the team leader want to hire an intern to start with? I like to learn and will follow your corporate rules to keep data secret, I'm an honest person, I need to work, so please help me to gain some experience even without compensation for few months, I can do data management and ETL work, better is in Charlotte or surrounding area.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well done on passing the tests.  What I would say with regards to this forum is that it is a Q&A board.  You would be better directing these types of questions directly at employers in your area who deal with the type of work you are looking for, e.g. Pharma, Banking etc.  Approach them directly through contact pages on their website, explain your skills (probably in a CV).  Quite a lot of the big companies take interns in for a set period, or you maybe lucky and land a junior role with training opportunities.    Good luck. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well done on passing the tests.  What I would say with regards to this forum is that it is a Q&A board.  You would be better directing these types of questions directly at employers in your area who deal with the type of work you are looking for, e.g. Pharma, Banking etc.  Approach them directly through contact pages on their website, explain your skills (probably in a CV).  Quite a lot of the big companies take interns in for a set period, or you maybe lucky and land a junior role with training opportunities.    Good luck. 

alj388
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try the local companies.

alj388
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks all your replies, I will try the local companies to gain training opportunity.

pau13rown
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

i think there are many cro's (contract research organisations) in north carolina, very large and very small, they are maybe more likely to offer an intern than big pharma are. You could do some reading to prepare for the work environment eg companies have many standard operating procedures and SDTM, ADAM standards etc. A group like phuse can explain good programming practice (GPP):

http://www.phusewiki.org/wiki/images/a/ae/Good_Programming_Practices_at_Every_Level.pdf

https://www.lexjansen.com/phuse/2015/pp/PP25_ppt.pdf

and they may have other resources on their website: https://www.phuse.eu/

if you want to get a sense of the regulatory requirements you can view fda reviews online: https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/DevelopmentResources/UCM251445.pdf

although they are quite stats heavy

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I would add that answering questions on the SAS Communities Forum is a great way to 

1. Sharpen your skills on real-world problems

2. Demonstrate your skills to potential employers

After you have answered 10-20 questions that you are proud of, consider linking to your profile page on your resume.

alj388
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Rick for the reply, I read your articles before, learned a lot from you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation