BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
d14
Calcite | Level 5 d14
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Want to understand, how much % users in industry uses these web applications Web report studio, BI dashboard and olap cube as reporting tool.

Does SAS recommends them as reporting tool industry wise.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Did you see the SAS VA product?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
d14
Calcite | Level 5 d14
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I have their demo. How successful the reporting applications are i.e. wrs,cubes ... how can I find how widely they are used. Any reference will be helpful. Is VA going to take over sas bi tools

Message was edited by: Debraj Singha

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

One of the best things to do is review the analyst viewpoint reports. They are made by other companies Gartner Forrester as well known ones.

SAS is sharing those on their site:  http://www.sas.com/en_us/news/analyst-viewpoints.html  Yes it is also sales promotion so some caution on what is said is important.

This one is SAS very proud on: http://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/en_us/doc/analystreport/forrester-wave-agile-bi-platforms-107215.... Ik like to read the vendor profile chapters.

From Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms there is again a nice quadrant, but the strengths/cautions on each vendor is to read.

The difference VA and OLAP Web/BI and AMO (Addin Microsoft Office) / Eguide may not be clear from first sight.

SAS VA is selfservice like OLAP but bypassing the OLAP cube building with DI/BI in datamarts. It is done as cubes internally (in memory). 

I am seeing VA being promoted for this instead of OLAP WEB/BI WRS. VA is rather new (2 year s now) and WEB portal Olap is some 10 years old.

AMO Eguide is more suited for advanced users doing also a lot of data manipulations.    

---->-- ja karman --<-----
d14
Calcite | Level 5 d14
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Jaap... this helps and a good article.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation