BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kelleigh
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to SAS. I have been trying to import a CSV file but I have been unable to do so. This is what it had in the log on my last attempt:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

42 ;

43 proc import datafile= '/‌folders/‌myshortcuts/‌MyFolders/‌Scores.csv' out= class dbms= csv replace;

43 ! getnames= yes

43 ! ;

44 run;

NOTE: Unable to open parameter catalog: SASUSER.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST in update mode. Temporary parameter values will be saved to

WORK.PARMS.PARMS.SLIST.

ERROR: The path /‌folders/‌myshortcuts/‌MyFolders/‌Scores.csv is invalid because it is not in the list of accessible paths

when SAS is in the lockdown state.

ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE IMPORT used (Total process time):

real time 1.39 seconds

cpu time 0.22 seconds

46 ;

47 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;

57 ;

Any help appreciated :smileyconfused:

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS University Edition?

If so, did you add the path to the Shared VM as specified in the instructions?

kelleigh
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I am using the University Edition. I do not believe I did that. Could you direct me to which instructions you are referring to? Thank you.

Reeza
Super User

Look at the correct answer here:

kelleigh
Calcite | Level 5

So I have the csv file in the work folder now but it says that it cannot be opened because the table does not contain any columns. I have tried every code people have tried in the posts and nothing seems to work. 😕

Reeza
Super User

Post your code and error Smiley Happy

ballardw
Super User

This sounds like you are using a server version of SAS and the SERVER can't see the path as given, or the address is relative and the base execution location of SAS doesn't find a /folders within that scope. Datafiles option really should use a fully qualified path in most cases.

kelleigh
Calcite | Level 5

Yes I am using the server version. I am very confused as to where my csv file should be.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation