BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SAStrainee
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataset with several variables in ISO 8601 format. The dataset is to be sent to the cusomter in SPSS format. I have now been told that SPSS don't support the ISO 8601 format and therefor convert the variables with this format to a string character.

Anyone who have experienced the same problem and have a smart work around?

2 REPLIES 2
arodriguez
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi SAStrainee,

Depending on your data you could generate a new variable ISO_C=put(ISO,B8601DT.); This only work if you are using Dates, not intervals

ballardw
Super User

If the client expects to manipulate the data as a date in SPSS then input the variable using the appropriate SAS informat, likely one of the B8601 or E8601 depending on content, then export the data to SPSS. If worried include a text version as well.

I would say it depends a lot on what you mean by "supports ISO 8601 format". SAS can read and write those formats but all of the internal manipulations are done with SAS date or datetime values.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation