BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Timbim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I've just completed  SAS Programming 2  few weeks ago. Now, I am trying to do the execises again and have copied the sas training files to a local drive.

I am trying to run the program to run that creates the  data (cre8data). It includes the following:

%let path=s:/workshop;

%include "&path/setup.sas";

I have updated the path to point to the local drive on my PC however keep getting the following error.

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises/setup.sas.

ERROR: Cannot open %INCLUDE file /bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises/setup.sas.

Could anyone help me identify the issue please?

Thanks kindly,

Mags

9 REPLIES 9
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Please post the setup.sas program.

The clue to the errors is there.

Timbim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Shmuel,

My first posting was incorrect. Below is the script and the warning message:

I am trying to run the program to run that creates the  data (cre8data). It includes the following:

%let path=bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises;

I have updated the path to point to the local drive on my PC however keep getting the following error.

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises/setup.sas.

ERROR: Cannot open %INCLUDE file /bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises/setup.sas.

Appreciate your help.

Mags

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

see @RW9's post in the bottom. 

Are you using SAS University Edition  (SAS UE) ?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Are you sure that you can access that s: path from the location where your SAS session executes?
Data never sleeps
Timbim
Obsidian | Level 7

My first posting was incorrect. Below is the script and the warning message:

%let path=bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises;

Appreciate your help.

Mags

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This:

%let path=s:/workshop;

does not correlate, as there is no mention of s:\workshop in the WARNING and ERROR. Therefore you must have another place in your code where macro variable path is set to the values resulting in

/bqlpnas02.boq.local/user/timbim/SAS Exercises/
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Are you using SAS University Edition?  That runs on a virtual image and you can't stipulate path names to local machine.  Look in the help:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/SAS_libname.htm

Timbim
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide is just the GUI frontend for the SAS System. Since your problem is with code that runs in the SAS process, you have to take care that file references will work there.

So you need to look at

- local (PC only) or client/server installation?

- if client/server, which operating system is used on the server (I presume UNIX from your previous posts), and how is a shared resource (I guess that the s:\ drive is such) mounted there?

Ideally, in a server-based environment, one can log on to the server with a file transfer tool like WinSCP and use that to navigate through the server's filesystem, so you can determine the correct pathname for your include.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation