How to update user details in SAS Communities. ????

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to update user details in SAS Communities. ????

Hi all,

I have been thinking about this from long time and i am not sure where to post this question.

While opening an account in SAS communities ,in a hurry i have misspelled my name as SAJEEV(Actually it was SANJEEV).Later I was realized that my name was misspelled and I tried in may way to change it but nothing worked out.

When i choose   "Edit Profile &Privacy" option  ,it is not allowing me to edit  User Name ,First name ,last name and Email Id,because those filed were disabled.

Can any one suggest me how can i change my details such as name and email Id in SAS Communities.

It hurts me when ever i see SAS Communits with my wrong name :smileyangry:.

Hope you people help me to get out of this kind of pain :smileyplain:.

Thanks&Regards,

Sanjeev.K

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-13-2013 08:28 AM
SAS Employee

Re: How to update user details in SAS Communities. ????

Hi Sanjeev,

You have taken all of the proper steps. It looks like the two systems haven't synced up on your name change. I don't know why that is, but I have asked our IT department to look into it.

Remember that most people only see your forum user name not your real first and last name.

I hope that it will be updated soon.

[Update]  Your name is now correct!

-Renee

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

I Just remembered that long back already I have posted same question in this forum,sorry for the repeated question .

At that time I have  received some suggestions from the SAS communities people ,but unfortunately that wasn't worked out.Hoping that it will get resolved soonly.

Thanks,

Sanjeev.K

Frequent Contributor

no worries buddy, we are good with your name.....

we know, you are sanjeev....Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

Hi,

I guess you're referring to your earlier post:

https://communities.sas.com/message/154246#154246

I followed the instructions in the first response and I can see that my name and email can be changed.

You first need to go to the main support page: SAS Customer Support Knowledge Base and Community and "Edit profile" which is different to "Edit profile & privacy" in the forum.

Regards,

Amir.

Super Contributor

Hi ,

In the Page SAS Customer Support Knowledge Base and Community,my name displaying correctly ,but that name not carrying in this forum.

Not sure how this worked this ....am i doing any thing wrong ?????

I have attached two screens ,first one was from the page what you mentioned about,second one is communities page.

First.jpgsecond.jpg

Thanks,

Sanjeev.K

Solution
‎12-13-2013 08:28 AM
SAS Employee

Hi Sanjeev,

You have taken all of the proper steps. It looks like the two systems haven't synced up on your name change. I don't know why that is, but I have asked our IT department to look into it.

Remember that most people only see your forum user name not your real first and last name.

I hope that it will be updated soon.

[Update]  Your name is now correct!

-Renee

Super Contributor

Hi Renee,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I am very happy to see my name correctly displaying in SAS communites.Smiley Wink.Its time to stop my investigation on changing my name ...:smileysilly:

Thanks,

Sanjeev.K

Frequent Contributor

So...is there any way to update the username? Not my First or Last name, but the username for the community forums?

The username doesn't seem to be able to be updated. Not only that but my username is 'OSI_ETL' (I want to change this), but my name appears here in the forums.

Thanks!

-Jeff

SAS Employee

One of the community admins can change your username for you. Send mail to wwwsupport@sas.com and ask for a change from OSI_ETL to whatever you want.  Remember that this is the name associated with all of your posts.  Your first and last name displays only to you when you are logged in.

SAS Employee

Yes, your real name shows only to yourself unless you change your privacy settings and choose to share that information.  It is confusing that you see your name and not your username.

There is a handy trick to let you see what others see.  Select Edit profile & privacy from the drop list next to your name in the header.  Then select the Privacy Settings tab. On right side of this page you see a box called Preview your profile. Using the drop list in that box, you can view your profile and information the way that others see you.

HTH.

-R

Super User

I don't think that's quite true, unless the defaults are open. If you @ someone's ID, their full name appears in the communities. 

SAS Employee

You are correct about the @ mention. We still have hopes of getting that fixed, but I don't have a date for the fix

SAS Employee

No, I cannot see your name in the post.  This is what I see in the response information when I respond to you:communityresponse1.gif

And this is what I see in the response information where you responded to the original poster, who happens to use a full name as a username:

communityresponse2.gif

An @ mention, can show your name. This what an @ mention for me looks like .  Note that if your name is ever exposed, the community admin can edit it for you.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation