How to to access local libs when executing code remotely

Contributor

How to to access local libs when executing code remotely

Dear all,

I'm submitting code remotely via

rsubmit;

And in one loop I'm running an if-else with a sysfunc to check if a local dataset exists then skip else continue with the loop.

%if %sysfunc(exist(local.qt&year.&month_1.&day_1._&modif.)) %then %GOTO reloop;

I spent debugging this for a while and the sysfunc executes perfectly if run locally but doesn't see that lib when run remotely -- code just runs as if files didn't exist. Prox download at the end of the loop however can download the remote dataset to the same local lib without a problem. All other code run remotely runs fine.

This should be something really obvious that I'm missing so any help would be appreciated!

Using SAS 9.4 M1 64 with EG 7.13 on a win 7 x 64 machine.

Arsenio

Esteemed Advisor

Re: How to to access local libs when executing code remotely

With SAS/CONNECT, the client has access to the server, but not vice versa. You need to evaluate the condition locally and transfer the result to the server (%syslput)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Respected Advisor

Agree with what @KurtBremser wrote.

One thought: In case your "local" SAS got also SAS/Connect licensed then another option would be to use remote library services within your rsubmit block

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/69581/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1gem7w18db4y4n1uo...

Contributor

Only now could log back in -- apologies for a delayed answer. I will attempt the %syslinput approach, but it will take a while to write as I haven't used SAS macros in a while.

Thank you,

A

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation