How to set up Folders in SAS Linux Server, so that users can save SAS Code and Export SAS Datasets into that Folder

Frequent Contributor

How to set up Folders in SAS Linux Server, so that users can save SAS Code and Export SAS Datasets into that Folder

Hi,

I have updated the Folder navigation path to custom path and able to save SAS code and can export SAS data sets into that path.

There are different groups/users being access SAS server and Users wants individual Folder for that group users with restricted R/W permission to other group users.

The SAS Server been configured for LDAP Authentication, how to create Folders for LDAP Groups with R/W permission as below.

Example: we have LDAP HR Groups/Users and how to Create HR Directory in Linux SAS server, with Grant R/W permission on HR Directory for only HR group.

Thanks,

Ram

Trusted Advisor

Re: How to set up Folders in SAS Linux Server, so that users can save SAS Code and Export SAS Datasets into that Folder

Go to the LDAP folder path in linux and type the following command from the command prompt

mkdir -m 760 HR

mkdir- will create the directory

-m is the permission option

7-rwx permission to owner

6-rw permission to group

0- no permission

HR is directory name

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to set up Folders in SAS Linux Server, so that users can save SAS Code and Export SAS Datasets into that Folder

Posted in reply to Jagadishkatam

Hi Jag,

Thanks you for your reply.

in your reply you suggest me to create HR directory from/in LDAP location.

can you brief more on that?

I have updated in SAS SMC, under Server Manager >SASApp > SASApp – WorkSpace Server > options > Advanced Options > File navigation with “/xxxx/xxxx/sas/HR". so i assume that need to create Directories in /xxxx/xxxx/sas/HR" & /xxxx/xxxx/sas/Sales" ...etc and apply permissons for LDAP Groups as Linux OS level.

More than 10 groups/users exist in SAS Meta server which used to pull from (after synchronize)LDAP server by ran sync.sh script from SAS Meta server.

But i can not see the groups and user in Linux server at OS level.  in that case

How to get the users and groups which is existed in LDAP server to apply the R/W permission on HR or Sales Directories?.

Thanks,

Ram

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation