How to set query_band on Proc SQL?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to set query_band on Proc SQL?

I tried searching for setting Query_band, but does not provide detail. It just says it can be used as a libname option.

I tried

libname jest teradata username= password=******  SET QUERY_BAND = 'UserGroup=abc;QueryName=001;Action=Performance;' FOR SESSION;

This gave error SET QUERY_BAND = 'UserGroup=abc;QueryName=001;Action=Performance;' FOR SESSION;

options

The user guide also says it is valid in Proc step. Where do we define these option and how?

Proc sql QUERY_BAND = 'UserGroup=abc;QueryName=001;Action=Performance;' FOR SESSION;

I tried every combination I could think of.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-12-2013 02:01 PM
Contributor

Re: How to set query_band on Proc SQL?

Thank you guys.

It worked for PROC step too.

proc sql;

connect to teradata(username= password=****** QUERY_BAND = 'UserGroup=abc;QueryName=001;Action=Performance;');

View solution in original post

All Replies
Respected Advisor

Have you tried removing 'set' in your code? I have never used this option, but adding a 'set' to a libname options just doesn't seem right.

libname jest teradata username= password=****** QUERY_BAND = 'UserGroup=abc;QueryName=001;Action=Performance;'

Haikuo

Super User

The example in the documentation for this option appears to be the culprit. Hai Kuo's suggestion looks good:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acreldb/65247/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0p09ar7svz98en1ev...

N/A

I think the example you're referring to isn't an example of SAS code.  The "Details" section is just describing the command that SAS will submit to Teradata when creating/executing the load session ("SET QUERY_BAND" is the Teradata syntax).

Solution
‎02-12-2013 02:01 PM
Contributor

Thank you guys.

It worked for PROC step too.

proc sql;

connect to teradata(username= password=****** QUERY_BAND = 'UserGroup=abc;QueryName=001;Action=Performance;');

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation