How to remove an empty row from excel that's generated because of COMPUTE BEFORE statement

New Contributor

How to remove an empty row from excel that's generated because of COMPUTE BEFORE statement

Hi,

I'm running a proc report using tagsets.excelxp. I've an issues with my excel report.

I'm getting an empty row for every COMPTE BEFORE break. How can I remove the empty row. Please suggest. Below is the code that I'm running.

I've attched the code that I'm trying to run.

Thanks for all your help.

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to remove an empty row from excel that's generated because of COMPUTE BEFORE statement

Hi,

Seeing your code is useful, but in order for anyone to try to help you, they have to figure out the structure of your data and make some fake data and then run the program. You show a lot of ODS options mixed with "LISTING" only techniques...so that doesn't make sense to me. SKIP, WIDTH= and the @ pointer control don't really work for non-LISTING destinations, so I would not expect them to work for the kind of XML generated by TAGSETS.EXCELXP. Also, your program does not have an ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP CLOSE; statement. And the HEADTEXT option that you specify is the type of option that you generally use with HTML-based destinations. Usually with TAGSETS.EXCELXP, you use a TAGATTR style override to change cell attributes and NOT MSO-NUMBER-FORMAT (which is Microsoft HTML method). Your code also shows a custom style template, which might or might not have an impact on the output.

It would be most useful if you could recast your code using one of the SASHELP datasets so that no one had to make up fake data in order to help you. Or, if you have an immediate or urgent need, you can always open a track with SAS Tech Support for help.

You say that you are getting an "empty row" for every compute before break. I don't see that when I use COMPUTE BEFORE and TAGSETS.EXCELXP. This is another reason to work with Tech Support. They can check your version of SAS and your version of the EXCELXP tagset template and see whether there is some version difference that you are encountering.

cynthia

New Contributor

Re: How to remove an empty row from excel that's generated because of COMPUTE BEFORE statement

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for your quick response. I've some data for which I'm getting the blank row in excel. Here, I'm attaching the exact code which you can run and see the output.

I'm getting an empty row in excel before ID number, C Code and Issue Year.

Can you please have a look at this and provide your suggestions.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Attachment
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When I run your code (see attached screen shot) using SAS 9.3 and Excel 2010 and Version 1.127, 09/26/2011 of TAGSETS.EXCELXP, I do not observe your issue. This would be a case where Tech Support will be your best resource. They can help you zero in on which piece of the puzzle is really causing your problem. (Do note that the output using pointer control @20, etc, is not working for ODS -- would only work for LISTING output.)

cynthia

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

I've opened a ticket to tech support and it's resolved now. The issue was with the excelxp tagsets version that I'm using.

Thanks for all your help.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation