BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

I'm lost as to how I can paste text (from word, a web page, a text editor), into a post.

In the default HTML editor, using IE 8, I can right-click and select paste... and nothing happens.

So far, I've only managed to paste text after switching to the plain text (raw html) view of my message, by clicking the "toggle html mode" button.   At a minimum, seems like other editors/forums/blogs had an option to insert a "text box" where you could paste plain text.

Do I really need to change to the plain text editor any time I want to paste a few lines into a message?

Thanks,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
2 REPLIES 2
reneeharper
SAS Employee

The text below was pasted from a Word document into this reply. Pay no attention to the text. it is just testing text.  I am not logged in as an administrator and I am running IE8.  My experience with pasting is that this is related to your browser settings.  Although, I'm not exactly sure which ones.  I'll look into it. In the meantime, maybe someone else knows.  I also get this message box asking me to confirm that is it an OK action to complete.  One suggestion I have is to switch to Advanced Editor by selecting the link just above the posting window.

allowmsg.GIF

Test text below was pasted from Word.

As part of the upgrade to our community environment (discussion forums), we created a large community dedicated to the support of SAS customers. You will find many of the same discussion forums and communities that we have always had. You will also discover many new features and ways to communicate with SAS and with each other. Continue to watch the Key Happenings blog for updates on the Communities on SAS site. Visit the new SAS Support Communities today! .

Users Groups
Whether you're a seasoned SAS software user with experiences to share or a newcomer who'd like to interact with other users, a users group is an excellent way to help you get the most value from the SAS System. These autonomous organizations can be found around the globe on the local, regional, international, special-interest, and in-house levels. Many users groups hold regular meetings and sponsor conferences and Web sites.

Quentin
Super User

Thanks very much!

I made sas.com a "trusted site" (tools->options), and that seems to have done the trick. When I paste I still get the confirmation dialog box you get, but that is much better than nothing!

Thanks,

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation