BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jlav
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to open a SAS program in Unix (from the command prompt) that does not run the SAS program in batch-mode?

Typing "sas" will open the GUI, run the autoexec.sas, and create a new blank SAS program.

How can I call SAS that it will just open the file, but not actually run it until I select "Run" -> "Submit"?

Thanks for you time and thoughts. Haven't been able to find any documentation about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You could use the -INITSTMT (or -IS) option.

sas92 -is 'dm "include test.sas";' &

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

If you have an x11 server installed on your desktop and are allowed to make a connection from unix to your X11 (desktop server). Than:  
......     Typing "sas" will open the GUI, run the autoexec.sas, and create a new blank SAS program.

You have to open the program in your Editor as usual.     What is your problem? 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
jlav
Calcite | Level 5

I want to be able to open the SAS program from the command line. The idea is that this would be built into a script.

Opening the GUI and then clicking "File" - > "Open" would not be ideal as there are hundreds of programs spread throughout hundreds of directories.

Thanks, Japp.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

If you can start a program containing the DM statement you can instruct that to open a file. It automates the DM interface. IT only works with the dms interface not with Eguide portal Studio or any other. SAS(R) 9.4 Statements: Reference, Third Edition

When you can start your session with an instruction to that, it is achievable. I am thinking on an autoexec that contains a check with parameters as given eg with the sysparm option SAS(R) 9.4 Macro Language: Reference, Second Edition    

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You could use the -INITSTMT (or -IS) option.

sas92 -is 'dm "include test.sas";' &

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation