How to open SAS codes from define places?

Super Contributor

How to open SAS codes from define places?

Hello, all:

I have some SAS codes saved in one shared network folder.  They were written by some other programmers.  I would like to open them all in SAS.  I feel like it's kind of trouble to copy them and paste them to SAS individually.   Could anyone show me other shortcuts?

Thanks.

Ying

Grand Advisor

Re: How to open SAS codes from define places?

In base SAS if you use the menu File-Open and navigate to the location and open SAS file then then that becomes the default directory for the File-Open File-Save menu until you do another File-Open or File_Save to another directory.

Otherwise you might try using something like the Windows Explorer (not Internet) to have your file system open. Then you should be able to open files in SAS by just clicking on them.

If mean that you want to copy and move the files elsewhere then that is more of an OS operation in general.

Grand Advisor

I don't understand why you'd copy and paste them to SAS?

WHat do you mean by open the SAS codes? Are you trying to open a program, execute a program or open a SAS data set?

Super Contributor

Cause the codes are too long, and there are many different SAS code file.

Grand Advisor

What are you trying to do? Please explain in as much details as possible, right now we don't understand your issue.

Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just to add, you don't need to open other programs to run them, you can use the directive:

%include "<path to file><filename>";

To include them in your current program.  However, I totally agree with the other posts here, more information is needed.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation