BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jos283
Fluorite | Level 6

On SAS EG, how would you code to allow a program to run and ask a user to select the columns they wish to keep (or delete)? This would be done to filter out a large dataset.

I know you can manually filter and use query builder, I have tried these methods. But I want the code to make the program automated so that the user does not need to do anything themselves aside from select the columns they want to keep (or delete). Also, I can't type in the column options for the user as each inputted dataset running the code could consist of different columns, so the filtration options would be different per user.

Any advice or code would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Isn't that exactly the Query Builder/Filter feature? 

You're trying to simplify a GUI tool even further? 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Reinventing the wheel is considered stupid.

Somebody who can't be taught to use the query builder won't be able to do anything useful with SAS anyway, for lack of mental resources (politely speaking).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation