BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
devsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear All,

Thanks so much for this wonderful forum. I'm a SAS newbie and without this forum I would have been completely lost!

I have a somewhat basic question, but I'm unable to find an appropriate answer to that. I have huge excel sheets with around 1000 columns and almost million rows. When I import these sheets into my SAS ( I have base SAS 9.3 at work and 9.2 at work-home computer..excel 2010 version), SAS only imports until 256 columns (variables) and all rows associated with these 256 columns. I'm not sure how to get around this problem as I have many such sheets and right now I have to break each excel sheet into 4 first before importing. I wish I could import the whole sheet at once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
RichardinOz
Quartz | Level 8

Have you tried exporting from Excel as a TAB delimited (.txt) file and then importing the data into SAS that way?

Richard

ping
Fluorite | Level 6

EG can handle >256 columns. Looks like EG first convert Excel to text then import.

Dingdang
Fluorite | Level 6

I habe the same problem and just tried pings suggestion with EG. but still, i only got 255 variables into sas.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation