BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
blooneel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have been facing an issue with SAS 9.3 on windows server 2008. Eerytime I restart my session I loose all my keyboard abbreviations. The profile catalog is always there so I can only assume keyboard abbreviations are not saved in sasuser profile catalog. I'm aware that I can go to tools and import the kmf file but is there any way to do this through editor - by using proc import for example? so I can put the code in my autoexec.sas ?

Alternatively can someone point me to a file or a catalog where the information is saved? I have looked all over but all in vain. It doesn't seem to be a part of user profile or registry.

6 REPLIES 6
Quentin
Super User

Profile would have been my first thought as well.  Any chance your profile is set to read only?  Can other changes (window colors or whatever) be saved in your profile?

Might want to check DM commands to see if it's possible to import the .kmf file that way. 

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mike Sale presenting Data Warehousing with SAS April 10 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
art297
Opal | Level 21

According to the following post the abbreviations are actually stored in the Window's registry: LISTSERV 16.0 - SAS-L Archives

However, that doesn't address why you aren't able to save them. Is it possible that you have multiple SAS instances running when you've tried to save them?

blooneel
Calcite | Level 5

Registry and Profile catalog were my first thoughts .. and I have tried saving them every which way.. I guess in SAS 9.3 they are saved in some other file. Profile catalog is only saving the changes I make in Preferences dialogue box.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Out of curiosity: in the sessions when you've loaded the abbreviations did you have "save settings on exit" checked in your preferences?

KentL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I was searching for the answer to this question and found it elsewhere in the SAS online documentation: http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/abbreviations/

"To import a KMF file, select Tools > Keyboard Macros > Macros. A window opens, and at the bottom is a button for IMPORT. Select the button and navigate to where you stored the file. SAS reads it automatically."

I tried this on my machine (swapped PCs at work) and it was successful.  I noted that I could select all my keyboard macros / abbreviations and export them as a single KMF file.  SAS appears to have imported them correctly into the new environment.

Jan_Schebeko
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

THX

i will test this with my colleges, if this could solve the problem to share some standard macro and code snippets in the team.

greetings

Jan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation