BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ybz12003
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hello:

I use proc contents to find one specific column is located at 158 among 800 columns of my dataset.  Is there a way to go to that 158 column directly, instead of moving my mouse back and forward?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You're trying to manually review the column?

I would suggest using PROC PRINT and using the VAR statement to limit the results. You can also limit the amount of observations to help you examine the data.

proc print data=sashelp.cars(obs=100);
var mpg_highway;
run;

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

You're trying to manually review the column?

I would suggest using PROC PRINT and using the VAR statement to limit the results. You can also limit the amount of observations to help you examine the data.

proc print data=sashelp.cars(obs=100);
var mpg_highway;
run;
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

What part of SAS are you looking in when you are trying to do this? ViewTable? Some other viewer?

If viewtable, sometimes the fastest way is via PROC SQL, create a VIEW with only the column(s) you want to see.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

If you are using the Viewtable I might suggest using the Form view instead of table. If your window is large enough the Form view will show all of the variables for one record on a single page.

But you have so many variables I'm not sure you could get a form view large enough to help much.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

What is Form View? How do you enable it?

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

@PaigeMiller wrote:

What is Form View? How do you enable it?

In Base SAS with a table open go to View on the menu and click on Form View. The data appears like a data entry form. The name or the variable label appears next to a box with the value of the variable in columns. There are navigation buttons for pages: first, previous, next,last on the bottom of the display area. If there are more variables than fit on the current display area then you get a "page corner" to allow navigating to "next page" or "Previous page" within a record.

I have no idea if EG supports this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation