How to get the median difference and 95% credible interval for two sample test using non-parametric method?

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to get the median difference and 95% credible interval for two sample test using non-parametric method?

Hi,

I have a continuous measurement for two treatment groups and standard deviation is quite large compared to the mean difference due to small sample size in these subgroups. How can I get  median difference and 95% credible interval using non-parametric method?

Thanks,

Shellee

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-03-2013 11:30 AM
N/A

Re: How to get the median difference and 95% credible interval for two sample test using non-parametric method?

confidence interval of Hodges-Lehmann's median ??

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2008/ST-154.pdf

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-03-2013 11:30 AM
N/A

Re: How to get the median difference and 95% credible interval for two sample test using non-parametric method?

confidence interval of Hodges-Lehmann's median ??

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2008/ST-154.pdf

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to damdisasterman

Thank you so much, damdisasterman.

My SAS version is 9.1, so I use the macro for the median and credible interval from the paper you refer to me.

Thanks,

Shellee

Respected Advisor

SAS calls this estimate of location shift.

SAS/STAT(R) 9.3 User's Guide

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to data_null__

Thank you very much for response to my question.

Thanks,

Shellee

N/A

Hi Shellee,

the following code might be useful:

proc nparway data = filename wilcoxon;

class group;

var PD;

output out=wilcoxon_test;

run;

You must stack the two treatment variables and classify with the variable group which has two values. You can also do the test via enterprise guide.

Sven

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for your response to my question, Sven.

Thanks,

Shellee

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation