BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
noobs
Calcite | Level 5

Hello EG Users,

I am generating simple PDF report that has numerical matrix and plot. I want to fit all this data on one single page, just the way it has been generated in microsoft excel so far.

I read about STARTPAGE option available for ODS PDF statement:

ods pdf startpage=OFF style=sasweb ;

I tried NEVER, NO values, but yet the pdf file has two pages, one for numerical matrix and other for plot.

I would appreciate suggestions on how to go about fitting everything on one page.

Thanks,

Dhanashree

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Since PDF does recognize pages if the size of the plot plus a table is too large for the physical layout then the items will appear on different pages because the chart can't be split. You might be able to get things to fit by changing font sizes for the text / table output, reducing margins or controlling the size of the chart.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Here's an example using ODS GRAPHICS where ALL 19 rows of SASHELP.CLASS fit on the same page as a 4"x6" bar chart done with ODS GRAPHICS. Screen shot of output shows that both outputs fit on 1 page. You would need different options (GOPTIONS) if the graph procedure were SAS/GRAPH, but the concept would be the same.

Cynthia

ods listing close;

ods pdf file='c:\temp\onepagexy.pdf' startpage=no notoc;

proc print data=sashelp.class;

run;

ods graphics / height=4in width=6in;

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;

vbar age / response=height stat=mean;

run;

ods pdf close;

one_page_pdf.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation