BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gen_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

We have web application developed in J2EE (mainly of Servlets and JSPs ), application uses SAS 9.2 BI Web Service to call STPs.

I use JBOSS 4.2.3 GA application server. After updating SAS 9.2's web service end points in application properties of  Lomboz (Eclipse) JavaEE development system. Built application's WAR file.

When I ran the application locally (http://localhost:8080/), I saw communication between Java application and SAS happend perfectly fine.

Then I deployed the WAR file server where JBOSS is installed (location where WAR file is deployed in the server - JBOSSHOME/server/SASWeb(Web Application Server Name)/deploy)

Restarted remote services and JBOSS. I got Login page when I tried accessing application using http://hostname:8080/applicationname/jsp/login.jsp

but when I provided credentials for login, its not going beyond login page that however it was working when I tested in the Eclipse enviornment using localhost (I even saw STP log for confirmation)

could anyone of you help me which folder and how to host the application in JBOSS installation folder. I see lot of deploy folders under JBOSS and deploy and deploy_sas folders in SAS Web Application server folder

This is little urgent... your help much appriciated.. Thanks

Thanks, SonuSAS

3 REPLIES 3
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

If you're not getting a 404 from JBoss when you access your app then it sounds like it has been deployed (at least to some extent).  Can you post relevant sections/stacktraces from your JBoss log?

Cheers

Paul

Gen_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Below is the log in server.log

2012-08-20 09:43:50,412 INFO [STDOUT] Request<StoredProcess name="SLA: Login"><Parameter name="tablename">InData</Parameter><Stream name="instream"><Table><InData><USER_ID>xxxx</USER_ID><USER_PWD>xxxx</USER_PWD></InData></Table></Stream></StoredProcess>

2012-08-20 09:45:27,465 ERROR [STDERR] Aug 20, 2012 9:45:27 AM com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection post

SEVERE: SAAJ0008: Bad Response; Service Unavailable

2012-08-20 09:45:27,466 INFO [STDOUT] Responsenull

Regards, SonuSAS

Gen_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

Paul, forgot to mention below

yes you are right, I am not getting HTTP 404 unavailable message, login page is coming up. But when I click on submit button after providing credentials, its throwing up error.

But this is not the case when I run the application from my local system where application war is deployed in local JBOSS installation. I am able to communicate with BI Services.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation