How to check the row count while the job is running.

Frequent Contributor

How to check the row count while the job is running.

Hi,

In SAS Data Integrator 4.2, I need to check the status of number of rows inserted in target database.(not the complete  count)

for eg:If the source has huge data,I need to check the status while the job is running.

How to achieve this?

Super User

Re: How to check the row count while the job is running.

Can you please elaborate your requirement. Sounds like you looking for some king of monitoring?

What is your target database?

There are not to my knowledge any SAS tool that let you see the status during a process, at least at observation level. If SAS encounters an error, the process usually stops immediately. For inserts, options handles how SAS deals with insert steps that conflicts constraints (rollback, or in SAS terms, undo policy).

Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

Hi LinusH,

I am using oracle database. From ur soln what i understand is, While the process(job) is running,we cant see the status of the job.

I have few doubts.

1)how to create parallel job in SAS DI?

2)How to do bulk load in SAS DI?(I have 3 GB source data ,its taking more time to load into target database(more than 5 hrs))

kindly help me on this.

Super User

Wow, totally different topics...

As for monitoring the inserts, I believe yo could do that within Oracle...?

1) What do you mean parallel? Explain how you wish to load, and then we could help picking the appropriate technique.

2) Bulkload=YES is a libname and data set option, and can be set accordingly in SMC/DIS. There a bunch of other options that can be used to configure the bulk load operation. See SAS/ACCESS to Oracle documentation for details.

Data never sleeps
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update...

For Monitoring the insert...

I can see only after the process(jobs) gets completed.Is there any there way ?

For parallel job...

We have 10 different jobs...If I drag and drop the jobs in DI studio...automatically the jobs get joined and it running as sequence way.

Thanks in advance

Super User

Monitoring inserts: check with your Oracle DBA:a on what options that are available.

parallel jobs: I'm not very found of having jobs in jobs in DI Studio, unless you mean to parameterize them. My suggestion is to build a flow in Management Console, there you can specify which jobs should run in parallel, and in sequence.

Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation