BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kapilpan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am pursuing 'SAS Certified Base Programmer' class-room course from a SAS Accredited Training Center. In center, I have access to all sample files, programs that are used as illustration in the course notes. But I want to practice at my place also through SAS University Edition, in addition of class-room. How can I access all those sampe data from my home. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you take a class at one of our training centers in the US or via Live Web format, we provide the files used in the class for the students after class is over. Depending on what you mean by "SAS Accredited Training Center" and where you are located, my recommendation is that you speak with your instructor or your "SAS Accredited Training Center" coordinator to obtain a zip file of the course programs. The training center should provide you with the files that they used in class. If they do NOT provide the files that they used in class, then my next recommendation is that you contact the SAS office which "accredited" the training center to request the files. My guess is that you are either in the UK or in India, those are the only two SAS offices I know of that recommend 3rd party training centers. SAS in the US does not "accredit" 3rd party training centers, since the training is provided by our instructors.

An alternative is for you to activate the free Programming 1 e-learning class, because that class has a program that makes the ORION library used in the e-learning class. The e-learning class files are similar to, but not exactly the same as, the classroom data files. The lectures in the e-learning classes needed to be split into smaller chunks and so the files in the e-learning class are slightly different from the files used in the Classroom class.

Or, you can try something different and learn how to modify the course code by using the SASHELP datasets that are included in every installation of SAS. There are over 200 SAS datasets in the SASHELP library and these documentation guides explain them: the big list: http://support.sas.com/documentation/tools/sashelpug.pdf and the group used in the SAS/STAT examples: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/131/sashelp.pdf

cynthia

To activate the free Programming 1 class, visit this web site and click Start on the row for e-learning (you will need to set up a SAS Profile to activate the class):

Programming 1:   SAS Training in the United States -- SAS Programming 1: Essentials   

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you take a class at one of our training centers in the US or via Live Web format, we provide the files used in the class for the students after class is over. Depending on what you mean by "SAS Accredited Training Center" and where you are located, my recommendation is that you speak with your instructor or your "SAS Accredited Training Center" coordinator to obtain a zip file of the course programs. The training center should provide you with the files that they used in class. If they do NOT provide the files that they used in class, then my next recommendation is that you contact the SAS office which "accredited" the training center to request the files. My guess is that you are either in the UK or in India, those are the only two SAS offices I know of that recommend 3rd party training centers. SAS in the US does not "accredit" 3rd party training centers, since the training is provided by our instructors.

An alternative is for you to activate the free Programming 1 e-learning class, because that class has a program that makes the ORION library used in the e-learning class. The e-learning class files are similar to, but not exactly the same as, the classroom data files. The lectures in the e-learning classes needed to be split into smaller chunks and so the files in the e-learning class are slightly different from the files used in the Classroom class.

Or, you can try something different and learn how to modify the course code by using the SASHELP datasets that are included in every installation of SAS. There are over 200 SAS datasets in the SASHELP library and these documentation guides explain them: the big list: http://support.sas.com/documentation/tools/sashelpug.pdf and the group used in the SAS/STAT examples: http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/stat/131/sashelp.pdf

cynthia

To activate the free Programming 1 class, visit this web site and click Start on the row for e-learning (you will need to set up a SAS Profile to activate the class):

Programming 1:   SAS Training in the United States -- SAS Programming 1: Essentials   

Durlov
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I am using the elearning course to learn SAS, but I cannot figure out where to download the Orion database from. Help?

Durlov
Obsidian | Level 7

Okay, I got it to work (or so I believe). Had to go to "Course Overview and Data Setup" in elearning in the "Main Menu" then "Setup Instructions for SAS University Edition" and followed the steps.

fatundem
Calcite | Level 5

THANKS FOR THIS! 

Somehow I skippedd this part of the course!! sigh. 

Reuben
Calcite | Level 5

In the e training go to Lesson 2 in that click the 'Practice' (i.e.,the second practice session) and wala you have the solution!

radicalbuisnesn
Calcite | Level 5
hOW MUCH FOR THIS TRAINING - RADICAL BUISNESSSOLUTIONS

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation