BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All...

I am having SAS 9.1 version in my personal computer and i am trying to send the mails by writing SAS code but i can't.

Is there any configuration required to do this process??? If Yes Can you please explain what is  the process to follow to send the mails from SAS.

Thanks in advance..

Regards..

Sanjeev.K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all.

Thanks for your clarifications.

I googled this topic and found a nice paper regarding SAS configuration for sending mails.

you can get that paper in bellow link.

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2008/038-2008.pdf

Regards..

Sanjeev.K

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There have been a LOT of previous postings on this subject. I'm surprised they didn't turn up on a search of the forums. But, even so, the documentation is quite thorough about describing what start up options needs to be set. Since you did not show your code, it's hard to make a suggestion. Were you using the FILENAME engine by itself or in conjunction with ODS?

Also, on your PC, if you are using Outlook, you can't successfully send mail until you wait for the Outlook popup box to warn you that it is sending mail on your behalf and you have to click 'Continue'. (also documented in a Tech Support note)

If you are still having issues after searching the doc, then you might want to work with Tech Support, because e-mail can be tricky depending on what you want to do, whether the BI Platform is involved, what your code looks like, what your mail client is, what your server is, whether you can change your SAS start up options, etc.

cynthia

kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Cynthia..

Just i am using bellow basic code to send a sample mail..

FILENAME  Mailbox EMAIL 'abc@gmail.com'

Subject='Test Mail message';

DATA _NULL_;

FILE Mailbox;

PUT "Hello";

PUT "This is a message from the SAS";

RUN;

Thanks..

Sanjeev.K

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Sanjeev,

There has been a bunch written about this topic, both here and in SAS notes.  There are lots of variables that may have impact in you circumstances.  For instance, if you are using Lotus Notes, the process is different from using Outlook.  If you have an SMTP gateway, you need to know its name.  After, you have read some and you have tried some of the things, if you need to come back, provide more information (for instance:  OS, e-mail client, and the code you tried).

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Muhlbaier,

As i mentioned in earlier post, just i am using basic code to send a mail for testing purpose.

i am having Windows7 OS in my PC and using Outlook as mail client.

Regards..

Sanjeev.K

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You need to set a number of SAS OPTIONS too.  See, for instance,

kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi..

I found this paper bit early then you:-)

Any way thank you  so much for your consideration.i'll try with these options and let you know if  i found any thing wrong..

Thanks &Regards,.

Sanjeev.K

kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all.

Thanks for your clarifications.

I googled this topic and found a nice paper regarding SAS configuration for sending mails.

you can get that paper in bellow link.

Regards..

Sanjeev.K

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation