How to Export your SAS as pdf

New Contributor

How to Export your SAS as pdf

In my output some roll numbers are there with each roll number 10 to 30 transactions are there, i want to export each roll number as a pdf file, can anybody help to write macro or sas code to export each roll number transactions into one pdf

SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to Export your SAS as pdf

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to venkatavmalla

Hi:
If you use BY group processing, SAS and ODS will automatically make a PDF file for every BY group. Consider this code, which makes 1 PDF for every age when age is used as a BY variable with a BY statement.

proc sort data=sashelp.class out=class;
  by age;
  where age in (12, 13, 14);
run;

ods pdf file='c:\temp\bygrp_age1.pdf' newfile=bygroup;

proc print data=class;
by age;
var age name sex height weight;
run;

ods pdf close;

For example, the above code makes 3 PDF files, one for each AGE -- and changes the name for each file it makes:

Age 12 c:\temp\bygrp_age1.pdf

Age 13 c:\temp\bygrp_age2.pdf

Age 14 c:\temp\bygrp_age3.pdf

You only need a SAS macro approach if you want to control the names of the output files being created. Otherwise NEWFILE=BYGROUP does it for you automatically.

If you need a macro program, you will find a relevant example in this paper: https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/120-2013.pdf 

cynthia

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas

Thank you for your solutions it is working, but please help on one more..  i want to save each file with that age and person name automatically can you help on this

SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to venkatavmalla
Hi:
Look at the paper link that I posted. In that paper, it shows how to make a macro variable that you can use for the file name. By extending those concepts to select on age and person, you can make a macro program to do what you want. It would NOT actually make sense with SASHELP.CLASS to write a macro by AGE and PERSON (NAME) because there is only 1 person for every name, but multiple people for every age.

To do what you want, you need to understand both macro variables and macro programs. The paper link I posted has enough information to get you started.

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation