BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reneeharper
SAS Employee

Hi folks.

Some of you have been keeping me posted on the status of your email notifications.  I was wondering .... is it better?

Unfortunately, I was under a false assumption, so I hope I haven't sent anyone down the wrong path.  When you watch or follow a space, community, or thread, you will recieve 'instant' email notification.  The batch settings are for summary emails related to your activity, your friends activity and general messages.

Please let me know how your email notification is working.  If you are still having problems, let's connect individually and see if I can help you

-Renee

10 REPLIES 10
art297
Opal | Level 21

Mine seem to be working perfectly!

JimLoughlin
Quartz | Level 8

mine are working perfectly also.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

My notifications work fine, however I do not receieve the daily summaries.

natsd
Calcite | Level 5

How can I stop recieving e-mail notifications? I have been looking all over the forum for it.

Thanks,

art297
Opal | Level 21

Click on the community from which you are getting email notifications then, in the upper right corner of the screen, click on 'stop email notifications'

art297
Opal | Level 21

Hmmm.  I did exactly what I suggested in my Feb 8, 2012 post and it DIDN'T stop the notifications.  Thus, I'm forced to re-ask the question that natsd raised.  How does one stop email notifications?

reneeharper
SAS Employee

Hi Art,

This process can be more work than you expect if you have been following individual people, polls, communities, or threads.  You will need to stop following each of those things. 

1. The first step is to visit your community profile by logging in and clicking on your name in the header. Your profile will open with the Profile tab open.
  2. In the Actions box to the right, select Manage email notifications.
  3. Select the checkbox above the last column, then scroll to the bottom of the list and select Remove Selected Notifications.

Next, you want to return to the Profile main page:

1. Select Edit preferences from the Action box.
  2. Select the Email Notification Preferences tab.
  3. To truly receive absolutely NO email from the system, select No for each item in this list. (I suggest that you leave the home page announcements item set to Yes).  Then for the last item, select Never.
  4. Select Save.

That will take care of it for you.  If not, please let me know.

art297
Opal | Level 21

You are probably right!  I'll let you know if that did it.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Worked perfectly!  As it turned out, I had to cancel about a gazillion threads that I was following, along with the settings that were causing my page to follow every forum.

JimLoughlin
Quartz | Level 8

Renee-

Until a few days ago, I used to get individual emails. Now all I'm getting is a daily summary.  How can I go back to receiving individual emails.

Also, when I click on my name in the header, I don't see any action button named 'Manage Email Notifications'.

Jim Loughlin

Renee-

This is strange.  All I did was go into my profile and set the time zone.  Now I'm getting individual emails again.

Jim

Message was edited by: James Loughlin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation