BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PatriciaEilerman
Calcite | Level 5

Hello. A co-worker of my wanted me to research is there a possible way to get a SAS gplot into SAS OLAP CUBE Studio and not a SAS table. This is first time I heard SAS OLAP CUBE studio and was wondering is it possible to transfer a plot from SAS to cube studio.

Thanks.

Edits.

Just talk to my co-worker to revise the question. Is there anyway to view SAS gplot against SAS OLAP cube? She need to know the answer as soon as possible.

3 REPLIES 3
gergely_batho
SAS Employee

SAS OLAP Cube Studio is a user interface that you use to build OLAP cubes.

When an OLAP cube is ready, you can use different tools to view it (in grafical or tabular format): Enterprise Guide, SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, WRS, Information Map Studio etc.

All these tools access the SAS OLAP Server, where the cube data is stored.

Also you can write a SAS program that accesses the SAS OLAP server and the OLAP cubes:

SAS(R) 9.3 OLAP Server: User's Guide

Then you can write a proc gplot using the created table (in this case also called a "slice of the cube").

PatriciaEilerman
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. Do you happened to know the basic SAS code to create a plot using proc gplot and data from OLAP CUBE.

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

proc sql;

connect to olap (host=localhost service=olap1);

create table temp as select * from connection to olap

(

select { dealers.dealer.members } on 0,

{ [cars].[Car].members,

[cars].[Color].members } on 1

from mddbcars

);

disconnect from olap;

quit;

proc gplot data=temp;

plot Car*Color;

run;

quit;

/*code not tested*/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation