BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sheeba
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

I would like to convert some SAS code to MS SQL.

It would be really great if some one can help me out

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

If you have e specific questions about converting program, feel free to post them.

If you need general guidance, you are better off contacting i.e. a SAS/MS consultancy.

Data never sleeps
Sheeba
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for the response....

Actually I am looking for converting statistical procedures like PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY etc to MS SQL.

Is there any tool available for conversion?

It will be really great if you can provide some guidance on this.....

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi, Sheeba

Email me at gishpuppy.x0k@gishpuppy.com and we can discuss your requirements further offline.

Tom

Sheeba
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for the response....

Actually I am looking for converting statistical procedures like PROC MEANS, PROC SUMMARY etc to MS SQL.

Is there any tool available for conversion?....

your help is greatly appreciated

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

SAS statistical procedures like PROC MEANS and PROC SUMMARY can be used for a variety of statistical operations, from very simple statistics that can easily be replicated in SQL, to sophisticated results that would be almost impossible to reproduce.

I've never heard of any tools to do this kind of migration. All I can suggest is that you first examine the SAS code, to understand clearly what it is doing, and then search for the equivalent statistical operations using SQL.

When you use the term MS SQL, do you mean that you want to implement these operations in the SQL language for Microsoft SQL Server, or do you intend to use more sophisticated tools like SQL Server Analysis Services?

Tom

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I am curious to know why you wish to convert PROC MEANS into MS SQL, when you can run this procedure directly on an SQL Server database table and SAS handles all of the conversion, assuming you have an appropriate SAS/ACCESS product licensed like SQL Server. OLE DB or ODBC?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation