BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gyambqt
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Experts,

I have a list of DI jobs stored in different metadata folder. I want to compare the name of the DI objects with metadata folder name.

for example,  I can have DI job called 001_job1 and 002_job2 and both jobs are stored as metadata object in metadata folder called 000_folder

My question is how do I export or retrieve the name of each DI objects and it's corresponding metadata folder name?

the output can be like:

metadata_folder             DI job

000_folder                      001_job1

000_folder                     002_job2

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

are you asking about comparing the dictionary.columns with dictionary.tables or sashelp.vcolumns with sashelp.vtables.

Thanks,
Jag
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@gyambqt

"compare the metadata object  name with its metadata folder name"

What do you want to compare? If a metadata object has the same name than it's containing metadata folder? And what kind of metadata objects are you talking about?

gyambqt
Obsidian | Level 7
HI I modified my question. sorry for making it unclear
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

You can use the sas-list-objects batch tool to list all the job and their corresponding folder, like so:

...\SASHome\SASPlatformObjectFramework\9.4\tools>sas-list-objects.exe -host someName -port 8561 -user yourUser -password yourPassword -types Job -format csv > c:\temp\joblist.csv

Another way of doing it would be using the %MDSECDS macro like so:

%mdsecds(memberTypes="Job")

Using this method, you already have all the information as a SAS data set.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation