BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
robm
Quartz | Level 8

I have a couple novel solutions to problems I think other SAS users might have , how do I submit a white paper or idea for a white paper to be published ? Is there a template that i should start with is there a submission process?

I have also been told that if it isnt a VA paper not to even bother ? opinions?

9 REPLIES 9
kannand
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This would be a good question for one of the SAS employees on the forum who might be able to provide pointers. However, about 2 weeks ago, Anna Brown, a SAS staff member posted an article (url below) about how to submit an article to the Community library. You may be able to check with her. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Community-Memo/How-to-nominate-a-topic-discussion-as-an-article-for-t...

Kannan Deivasigamani
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In addition to posting to the SAS Community Library, there are SAS conferences. The submissions for the SAS Global Forum 2016 conference recently closed, but there are many regional conferences, so look into WUSS, MWSUG, SESUG or another conference.

I do not agree with the person who said, "if it isn't a VA paper, don't bother." Form your own opinion by reading the article by the chair of the conference:"Presenting at SAS Global Forum 2016--Is my idea good enough?"

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

It's great to hear you want to share your experiences with the SAS community and there are many forums you can do this in. As per the previous comments, you could post it as a question and ask for it to be converted to an article in this online community. You could also present at your local SAS user group and also regional events as Rick pointed out. 

Have a a look at the page, http://support.sas.com/usergroups/ for the type of user group you'd like to present/write a paper for. As the paper submission for SAS Global Forum 2016 has closed, perhaps you could present your idea at a local user group and/or regional one and later submit it for SAS Global Forum 2017 perhaps tuning it with feedback you collect.

There are many options and a variety of topics and interest using SAS Software so please don't be swayed by the advice you've received. Some local SAS user groups also provide mentoring, we do at our QUEST user group.

Congrats in taking the first steps. It's a fun and exciting journey!

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
robm
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the encouragement!

I will try some of those routes , Global Forum would have been a good place to go with this. As far as my local users group I do get involved there and particapate doing presentations (one on using java and groovy to harvest twitter data and one retriving and using Hadoop with base SAS)...sadly we are the only EBI users in the group so the 2 other options I had would not be interesting to the room full of BAse SAS users.

robm
Quartz | Level 8

Had to change my avatar from that pig image Communities.SAS gave me 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Click on your username and select "My Settings" from the drop down menu. Then click the "Avatar" tab and upload a picture or choose from the images supplied.

Capture.PNG
robm
Quartz | Level 8
Haha yup thanks Rick i uploaded a handfrawn facsimile of myself
cjohnson
Obsidian | Level 7

One other solution you might consider.  I publish a SAS/SQL free e-magazine, and I am always looking for contributors.  Even if you contribute a paper to a conference, you could contribute tips to my magazine as well, and you do not have to wait until next year's conferences to submit.  If you are interested, you can send me an email.  Chris@codeitmagazine.com.  Check out the magazine, subscribe, and see if you feel like it is a good fit for you.  Hope this helps.

http://www.codeitmagazine.com

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher Johnson
www.codeitmagazine.com
robm
Quartz | Level 8

Ok sounds good Ill see what i can do 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation