BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
wheddingsjr
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello all

I have a data set that includes upwards to 50 columns and I want the data to be sorted based on three of those columns. I have tried the following but it doesnt seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.

PROC SQL;

CREATE Table Results as

Select *

from step2

WHERE MSG1 NOT IN ('HP_CC_EXACT_DUP','HP_DC_COB_EOP_MIS','HP_DC_COB_REC_INACTV','HP_DC_ILR_SUS_WC',

'HP_DC_PR_FL','HP_EXCL_OON_PROV','HP_ILR_SUS_Q_NO_RTN','HP_MAN_DENY_BILLED_INCORR','HP_MAN_DENY_DUPE',

'HP_MAN_DENY_MISMATCH_SERV','HP_MAN_DENY_VEND_AUDIT','HP_MAN_MEHN_PROV_DUPBILL','HP_MAN_NDM_PRV_MSSNG_MPIN_OR_NPI',

'HP_MAN_NOREF','HP_MAN_PAY_COOR_NOPAYPRIMARY','HP_MBRST_AUTH','HP_NDM_NOMATH_RATE_EXHIBIT','CLA-FL-BENS-018',

'HP_NDM_PRV_ACTV_AFT_END_EFF','HP_NDM_PRV_TERM_B4_STRT_EFF','HP_PRC_DU','HP_PRC_FQ','HP_PRC_QW','CLA-FL-PPRI-002',

'HP_PRC_VO','HP_PRC_ZT','CLA-FL-BENS-033','HP_COVG_NOCOVER_0002','HP_AUTH_NOTFOUND_NOB_OON','HP_COVG_NOCOVER_0003',

'HP_HARD_REF_EXCEED_NOB_IN','HP_HARD_REF_NOTFOUND_IN_HMO','HP_MAN_MSUP_NO_EOMB','HP_DC_ILR_OTR_CARRIER_MEM_LIAB',

'HP_MAN_NOREF','HP_MBRST_AUTH','HP_NDM_NOMATH_RATE_EXHIBIT','HP_MAN_DENY_COB_ROLLUP','HP_MAN_DENY_DATE_NOT_ON_EOB',

'HP_DC_ILR_SUS_MVA','HP_DC_PCP_CONSULT','HP_DC_REPROCESS_PENALTY','HP_LIM_UNIT_EXCEED','HP_MAN_DENY_APPEAL_FL_EXCEED',

'HP_MAN_DENY_NO_AUTH','HP_MAN_DENY_VEND_DUPE','HP_MAN_DENY_VEND_UPHOLD_DENIAL','HP_MAN_MA_AUTO_PRIME','HP_PRC_25',

'HP_PRC_42','HP_PRC_73','HP_PRC_73_NOT_CONTR','HP_PRC_CD','HP_PRC_H9','HP_PRC_PG','HP_PRC_PU','HP_REF_NOTFOUND_IN',

'HP_CD_ANCCLM_FACILITY','HP_CD_PRIMDENYTOANC_FACILITY','HP_DC_COB_DONE','HP_DC_COB_FL_NONNH','HP_DC_INVLD_BILL_TYPE',

'HP_DC_ME_FL','HP_DC_MED_COB_DONE','HP_LIM_COVDOL_EXCEED','HP_LIM_WHD_EXCEED','HP_LIM_WHD_MET','HP_LIM_WHD_METEXCEED',

'HP_MAN_CLAIM_REPLACED','HP_MAN_DENY_COBFL','HP_MAN_DENY_COBNOTACCEPT','HP_MAN_MBR_MISSING_INFO','HP_MAN_MSUP_PROV_DUPBILL',

'HP_MAN_PAY_APPEAL_REVERSED','HP_PRC_25_PROC','HP_PRC_BILATERAL_SPLIT_LINES','HP_PRC_EM','HP_PRC_EM_UNCL_SURGERY',

'HP_PRC_LATE_CHARGE','HP_PRC_MAN_ZERO_CLMLN_QTY','HP_PRC_MANUALLY_PRICED','HP_PRC_QS','HP_PRC_REPLACED','HP_PRC_ZERO_CLAIMLINE_QTY'

'CLA-FL-BENS-001','HP_CC_NPT_EXC','HP_CC_SUS_DUP','HP_DC_INVLD_PROC_REV_CD','HP_LIM_WHD_NOTMET','HP_MAN_PAY_VEND_AUDIT',

'HP_PRC_BILLED_UNITS','HP_PRC_M7','HP_PRC_T3','HP_PRC_TP_ICES_DENY','HP_PRC_TP_ICES_PAY','HP_PRC_TP_NON_ICES_DENY',

'HP_PRC_TP_NON_ICES_PAY','HP_REPLACEMENT_CLM_INVLD_DCN','XX')

order by memno, begdate, APPL_FULL_SVC_NBR;

quit;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

@wheddingsjr wrote:

My apologies, please disreagrd the WHERE statement as it is irrelevevant to my question.

Thanks

PROC SQL;

CREATE Table Results as

Select *

from step2

order by MEMNO, BEGDATE, APPL_FULL_SVC_NBR;

quit;

Perhaps you can show a brief example of your data after the sort that is not "working" and explain the desired order.

One thing that is common for sort "problems" is having a value that looks numeric but is actually character, so provide descriptions such as from proc contents of those three variables you are attempting to sort with.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wheddingsjr
Pyrite | Level 9

My apologies, please disreagrd the WHERE statement as it is irrelevevant to my question.

Thanks

PROC SQL;

CREATE Table Results as

Select *

from step2

quit;

ballardw
Super User

@wheddingsjr wrote:

Thanks

PROC SQL;

CREATE Table Results as

Select *

from step2

quit;

Perhaps you can show a brief example of your data after the sort that is not "working" and explain the desired order.

One thing that is common for sort "problems" is having a value that looks numeric but is actually character, so provide descriptions such as from proc contents of those three variables you are attempting to sort with.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation