BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
leslie_echols
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

When using PROC MIANALYZE, I am encountering this error:

ERROR: Within-imputation Estimate missing for effect ... in _Imputation_= 1 in

the input PARMS= data set.

The PROC MIXED procedure I am using is running fine across all imputed data sets so I'm stumped. The effect in question is a 3-way interaction term with 1 of the IVs being a dummy-coded variable.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Leslie

5 REPLIES 5
kaushal2040
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am also getting similar  from  proc glimmix imputation model.

ERROR: Within-imputation StdErr missing for variable  in _Imputation_= 1 in the input PARMS= data

set.

Did you figure it out yet?

Thanks !!!

SASdependent
Calcite | Level 5

I am also receiving this error (though with _imputation_ = 😎 when running MIANALYZE. I am not running any interactions. I would be very appreciative if you could share any resolution you found or if anyone else has any other suggestions. Thank you!

gyu
Calcite | Level 5 gyu
Calcite | Level 5

You could get this warning when you have more estimates in the input file than expecated by proc mianalyze. This is likely to happen if you want to get the the differences between estimates from a model with interaction term. In a standard output from analysis proc (e.g. proc glm or mixed) you could then get a lot of comparisons but most likely you wouldn't be interested in all of them. For example you could get the LS Means Difference for say levels 1 vs 2 and 2 vs 1 but you would need only one. Please try and filter the input dataset (the one from analysis procedure) for the unique comparisons only - as defined by variables in your 'class' and 'modeleffects' statements - before reading into proc mianalyze and that should allow to get the summary out of proc mianalyze and you should get rid of the warning.

If you were interested in summarizing all comparisons you would most likely need to sort the input dataset and use 'by' statment within proc mianalyze.

Adam
Seth10
Fluorite | Level 6

I recently just had this issue, and I noticed that SAS had shortened the name of the interaction variable when I printed out the dataset. 

An example of the proc print:

proc print data = a_preg;
where _imputation_ = 1;
run;

My variable's name had been shortened from new_surgery1*timetrying to new_surge*timetrying. Once I included the shortened variable name in PROC MIANALYZE, the program was able to run sufficiently.

Hope that works for you as well, because this error took me hours to troubleshoot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation