BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
junlue
Fluorite | Level 6
proc logistic data=BTS201506 ; 
class Carrier ; 
model DepDelayInd(Descending) = CRSDepTime seqnum DepDelayLagInd DepDelayLag DepDelayLagCum ArrDelayLagInd ArrDelayLag ArrDelayLagCum DepDelayLag2 ArrDelayLag2;
where cancelled=0 ;
run ;

So basically, Carrier is my categorical variable. I want to partition the dataset based on the values of this categorical variable and then build a logistic regression for each of the values of this categorical variable, Carrier.

But the code above does not work.

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Instead of Class Carrier use By Carrier. This will do a complete separate analysis for each level of Carrier. The data must be sorted by Carrier first though.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ballardw
Super User

Instead of Class Carrier use By Carrier. This will do a complete separate analysis for each level of Carrier. The data must be sorted by Carrier first though.

junlue
Fluorite | Level 6

When I use By Carrier.

this is error message

ERROR: Variable Carrier should be either numeric or specified in the CLASS statement

stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

First sort your data set by Carrier then use the sorted data set in logistic regression with 

By Carrier; 

junlue
Fluorite | Level 6

Actually it worked.

My final question is,

It seems that the

"where cancelled = 0"

statement has no effect.

I'm still getting warnings like these in the ouput window:

"Note: 2898 observations were deleted due to missing values for the response or explanatory variables."

But that shouldn't be the case because all the missing values are where cancelled = 1.

By stating where cancelled = 1, i am selecting those observations without missing values.

ballardw
Super User

@junlue wrote:

Actually it worked.

My final question is,

It seems that the

"where cancelled = 0"

statement has no effect.

I'm still getting warnings like these in the ouput window:

"Note: 2898 observations were deleted due to missing values for the response or explanatory variables."

But that shouldn't be the case because all the missing values are where cancelled = 1.

By stating where cancelled = 1, i am selecting those observations without missing values.

Try Running this code and see what you get:

Proc freq data=BTS201506;

tables cancelled* (DepDelayInd  CRSDepTime seqnum DepDelayLagInd DepDelayLag DepDelayLagCum ArrDelayLagInd ArrDelayLag ArrDelayLagCum DepDelayLag2 ArrDelayLag2) / list missing;

run;

See if you have any rows with cancelled=0 and something else missing. Or possibly you really meant to keep cancelled=1??

junlue
Fluorite | Level 6

There was a typo in my previous post. 

I meant "where cancelled = 0", not 1.

However, this was a non-issue and you are right. There are indeed still missing values in for rows with the value of 0 for the cancelled variable

ballardw
Super User

The procedure, as do most of the regressions, excludes any record with a missing value for the variables on the model statement. It may be that you have some mis-coded variables such as missing should have become 0 or similar that was intended but skipped.

Reeza
Super User

@junlue it sounds like you have your question answered. Please mark the appropriate solution as the correct answer.

Reeza
Super User

If it doesn't work, please post your code AND log.

You're likely putting something in the wrong place, using a BY statement is the correct answer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation