BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TorbenRN
Calcite | Level 5

I have a SAS program producing a lot of output - last run: no less than 924 pdf files each containing a single graph.

It has worked perfectly in SAS 9.2 and 9,3 - however in SAS 9.4 I am overloaded with output on the screen when the program has done its work. When finished SAS OPENS 924 pdf-files!!!!!!! and I have to close each and every of these. Can you imagine 924 open pdf-files? NO- of cause. My Adobe can't imagine this eiher. It tells me, that i have opened to many files.

How do I tell my dear SAS NOT to open the produced PDF-files - but just produce them and leave these files untouched at my harddisk?

In story writing the rule is: Show it, don't tell it.

I want the opposite from my SAS: tell me, don't show me.

Can anyone help me?

Torben

5 REPLIES 5
kuridisanjeev
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Quick Question..

Was All PDF Documents openings in result Viewers in SAS or opening externally by Adobe reader ??

Thanks,

Sanjeev.K

DBailey
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

If you're using Enterprise Guide, there is an option that tells EG to "Automatically open data or results when generated".  Go to Tools>Options>Results General.

Reeza
Super User

Same option in SAS 9.3/4 I believe.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Sounds like the setting default has been changed in your 9.4 installation over what you had in 9.3.

See if this paper still applies.  http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/250-2012.pdf

TorbenRN
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks all of you Smiley Happy

I changed the preferences in Tools>Options>Preferences>results and unchecked the "View results as they are generated" - it worked perfectly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation