BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I have looked for this answer and can not seem to figure it out from looking at the discussion boards.  I have added to a post to the following thread

'https://communities.sas.com/thread/30351'  but have not received an answer.

When someone answers your question and you want to let everyone know that you are satisfied with an answer.  How do I change it from

'Not Answered' to 'Answered'.

Thanks, Nancy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
djbateman
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

At the bottom of someone's reply, there are two options: "Mark Correct Answer" and "Mark Helpful".  If you have already marked a correct answer, then you will only have the helpful choice.  You are allowed to mark one correct answer and up to 2 helpful answers.  Once you select a correct answer, your post will go from "Not Answered" to "Answered".  Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
djbateman
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

At the bottom of someone's reply, there are two options: "Mark Correct Answer" and "Mark Helpful".  If you have already marked a correct answer, then you will only have the helpful choice.  You are allowed to mark one correct answer and up to 2 helpful answers.  Once you select a correct answer, your post will go from "Not Answered" to "Answered".  Let me know if that helps!

SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

OK,  I see that.   Thanks.

Is there a way to mark older posts that I have, as being 'Answered' ?  I log in and look at my older posts and don't see those two buttons.  Were they added after a certain time frame?  I have posts in 2011 that I don't see those buttons at the bottom of the post.

Thanks for your reply.

djbateman
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I don't know why they wouldn't appear on older posts.  It may be something they came up with recently.  I joined the SAS community in June 2011, so I don't have anything older to compare it to.  Those June 2011 posts still have the "Correct" and "Helpful" options for me.  I would conclude that they added it since then.  I wouldn't know how to change older posts to answered.  Sorry!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation