Hot fix install troubleshooting help needed

New Contributor

Hot fix install troubleshooting help needed

I'm trying to install a hot fix, but it fails to execute.

I've checked that I'm running the correct version of 9.2 for the fix, but am ignorant about where I am supposed to save the hot fix .exe file for running.

Some sources say it doesn't matter (when I load from temp folder or desktop, it get the "run?" popup and then nothing at all.

Other sources say it needs to reside in the SAS home folder it will modify (it's a transcode error I'm fixing), but there seem to be many choices...

Thoughts?

thanks much,

Sean

Super Contributor

Re: Hot fix install troubleshooting help needed

HI,

If a SAS hotfix, the location of the excutable doesn't matter... what matters is that you need to be an administrator to install (or the same user that did the original install)

Cheers

Barry

Super User

SAS Hot Fix Downloads

If you have the rights they have a tool that helps show what updates/hotfixes you need based on your setup.

Not easy as cake, but doable.

New Contributor

thanks Barry and Reeza; I have admin status on my machine (and am the person who installed SAS originally); the hotfix is the one recommended by the SAS tech support folks.

just can't get the darned thing to actually run. :-/

thanks very very much for responding. it's good to know that others agree with the things I've tried so far!

Super Contributor

Ok another tip I have found while doing this.

if on windows (later versions) rather than clicking on the hotfix (or rmb runas admin) open a cmd window by (rmb run as admin) navigate to the folder and run the hotfix from there...

Barry

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to twocanbazza

Hi,

Just check that services are down before applying the hotfix(Its not necessary that for every hotfix services should be down) but when we download an hotfix ,we will also get a help file required to apply hotfix which says we need to down the services are not.

One more hit just check that hotfix has been installed earlier in this installation directory.

Thanks,

Shiva

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation