Holiday Mission: Give the Gift of Extra Points for Helpful & Correct Answers!

SAS Employee

Holiday Mission: Give the Gift of Extra Points for Helpful & Correct Answers!

Tis' is the season for holiday giving! Not to mention, New Year's resolution living.

Although you can't send a wrapped present in this community---there is still the opportunity to GIVE to your fellow SAS users this season.

For a limited time, we have INCREASED the number of points awarded to your helpful colleagues when you mark your questions Helpful or Correct. 
We've also increased the number of points for posting or responding to a discussion.

Posting or responding to discussion.5
Correctly answered discussion questions.15

Helpful responses to discussion questions.

MH900384835.JPG

Correct and Helpful answers earn status points for their creators.  It also makes the community more valuable for everyone!

So here is your mission of giving for the rest of December until January 15, 2015: 

Mission:  Go through your list of questions and mark any answers Helpful or Correct.

1. Go to your Profile Page in Top Right of Community page by clicking your profile image icon. Then, view all the questions you authored in the Content Tab of your profile.
      yourname.jpg                    discussions.jpg
    2. Questions that have a blue question icon are not marked answered. Questions that have a green check icon means that you have already marked it answered. Click the Blue Questions. If you are the one who asked the question, you will see two choices with stars. If an answer was in fact answered or correct, please click your star of choice:

greenblue.jpganswer.jpg

~ Thank you in advance for your participation! Have a safe and Happy Holiday and a wonderful New Year ~

For more details, read below. Any questions, just ask

If someone replies to your question with useful information, it's good practice to mark their reply as either Helpful or Correct. That way, others who have the same question can quickly see which replies are the most useful. A Helpful reply is on the right track, while a Correct reply answered your question. Discussions that have been marked as a question sometimes have helpful and correct answers indicated so you can see that the question has been answered usefully. You'll see stars next to answers that have been marked as correct or helpful, so you can avoid jumping to the end and posting an answer that's already there. 

When you click Correct Answer for one of the replies, the original question becomes marked answered and you see a clip of the correct answer in your original question.

Grand Advisor

Re: Holiday Mission: Give the Gift of Extra Points for Helpful & Correct Answers!

Any points for liking a response?

EDIT: Responses that are Liked, not actually a point for clicking Like Smiley Happy

SAS Employee

Re: Holiday Mission: Give the Gift of Extra Points for Helpful & Correct Answers!

Hi , that is a good question. I checked in the admin area and actually in our current version of this platform there are only points for liking a users "status" - something not really used that much in the community.

However, Likes for replies are definitely calculated in the system. I decided to add the "Top Liked Content" widget to the Support Site Community Home page in right nav (under Top Ideas).  Here is a screen shot. The number corresponds to the number of likes on a rolling monthly basis (shows past month - can be configured to show past week, daily for "all time"). So the community can help drive good content up in the list by clicking "Like" on a reply.

Thanks for mentioning this - maybe this is another way we could help bring visibility to good answers/replies that might be helpful to all members.

If it catches on, we could add that Top Liked Content widget to all the individual communities.

Thanks Fareeza!

Keep the ideas coming..

LainieH

Contributor

Let's see. I got none. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Advisor

I agree with this idea! But all of us SAS users should get gifts as well. Here is a gift from me to you.

I created a web site to help all of us land the jobs we want: www.analystfinder.com

Sign up and give yourself a well deserved gift! It’s free, has absolutely no risk of your personal information being given to anyone without your explicit consent, and might just be your gift of finding the job you want.

Art

SAS Employee

PS: I am going to attempt to provide some SAS-generated reports to see progress during this time period, too. I'll let you know when I get the first report!

SAS Employee

This mission is officially closed but look for a report on results in the near future! Thank you very much for your participation.

Super Contributor

What do you have for this Year.....Smiley Very Happy

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation