BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Dear friends,

Can anyone please tell me  'Can we install SAS 9.3 in Centos 6.3 or 6.5' is it compatibility, When I checked it's saying only Redhat and suse linux....

Many Thanks,

Suman

3 REPLIES 3
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

CentOS is not supported at this time.  To the best of my knowledge, there has been no discussion about adding it in the near future.

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

While it is not officially supported there is nothing except your own know-how of linux which would prevent you from installing it on CentOS.  CentOS is also very similar to RHEL, from a high level they are virtually identical minus brand/logo and support.  Pay strict attention to the system requirements for RHEL described by SAS and you should get up and running.  As far as installing SAS software on unsorted operating systems is concerned though, that is going to be your burden as a result.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

For more information there's a SAS Support for Alternative Operating Systems page on the SAS support site.

I haven't yet personally encountered any issues that I haven't been able to overcome when running SAS on other Linux distributions including CrunchBang, Arch, Ubuntu, and Debian. However, when I did those installs it was on the basis that they were unsupported and that if I did need to talk to SAS technical support then I might need to replicate any issues in a supported operating system. That wasn't a big deal for me because those installs were done for testing purposes only. For SAS installations where lots of people would be relying on the platform I'd find it much harder to justify the use of an unsupported operating system. In those situations it could be impractical and costly (in both time and effort) to potentially have to replicate a SAS platform issue on a supported operating system (especially for the more complex SAS platform installations). In that case why not use a supported operating system in the first place? If the operating system choice was based purely on the cost of the supported operating system then I would say that the cost of having to support an unsupported platform could end up being higher that the cost of the supported platform itself.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation