Hi... are the courses like 'R- programming, data scientist's tool box and S -programming' useful for a sas programmer? I'm into sdtm mapping, so the above mentioned are useful for be by any cost?

Occasional Contributor

Hi... are the courses like 'R- programming, data scientist's tool box and S -programming' useful for a sas programmer? I'm into sdtm mapping, so the above mentioned are useful for be by any cost?

Contributor

Re: Hi... are the courses like 'R- programming, data scientist's tool box and S -programming' useful for a sas programmer? I'm into sdtm mapping, so the above mentioned are useful for be by any cost?

Hi

R and SAS are different products/Languages used in Analytics , both can be used to solve Analytic  problems . SAS has been widely used in Datawarehousing systems too. R is a open source , you can get it for Free where as SAS is a licensed tool. Some prefer R whereas some prefer SAS . If you're focusing only on SAS programming , then you don't have to b worry about learning R.

Thanks

Super User
Super User

Re: Hi... are the courses like 'R- programming, data scientist's tool box and S -programming' useful for a sas programmer? I'm into sdtm mapping, so the above mentioned are useful for be by any cost?

Wouldn't have thought so, maybe not even SAS.  It really depends on what technology you are going to use to do your SDTM mapping.  Figure out what technologies you need to perform the tasks, then do some reading on them.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation