BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ddeaves
Calcite | Level 5

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am running EG on windows, connecting to a Unix server. I have tried a variety of combinations to try to get SAS/Connect to work, but I keep hitting a brick wall.

Unfortunately I don't have a very helpful SAS admin so I've had to source all the below information the sneaky way! I don't even have access to the server (apart from a dodgy browse function in SAS DI, but even then it won't allow me to open any specific files).

%LET sashost=server.company.com.au; <I've obtained this by doing a ping on the server ip address >

OPTIONS  REMOTE=&sashost COMAMID=TCP ;

FILENAME RLINK ".../9.3/misc/connect/tcpunix.scr"; <actual file location modified to protect the innocent!>

signon &sashost;

RSUBMIT &sashost;

LIBNAME myremote "h:\sas\reports";

endrsubmit;

ERROR: Invalid fileref or remote session ID, server.company.com.au.

Basically I am trying to assign a remote library which I can access using my pc. I need this so I can transfer datasets from the server to my pc so I can output and/or link these to other applications for further reporting and analysis.

I've spent a few hours today trying different angles - ip address, computer name, including port numbers etc but feel I'm going around in circles now!

Appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction.

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Follow: https://communities.sas.com/thread/56338 Most of what you need is possible there.
I looks like you want to uses Eguide in a local connection (your pc) and also being connected to a SAS-server (SASApp)

When connected to Unix Eguide has a lot of optiosn transferring data between the PC and Server. There must be a special requirement when you want to use Eguide with the local connection to the server. I could imagine of some ones but they are rare. 
It seems they are to block you of using those other applications (windows/local based).

---->-- ja karman --<-----
ddeaves
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply Jaap. I've read the link but can't make heads or tails of what is going on! Unfortunately I am limited in administrator support so I am doing my best to try to work around things.

All I am trying to do is create a library pointing to a location my own pc so I can save datasets in order to export them for use in another application. It shouldn't be this hard!!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please note that your Unix SAS server knows nothing about the "H" drive of your PC.

Any SAS process run in EG is actually run on the SAS Unix server so must able to "see" any folder references you try to assign LIBNAMEs to such as "h:\sas\reports".

So once you solve the problem of connecting successfully to your SAS server you still have the issue of PC SAS data. You could look at the upload/download data files task in EG.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

ok ddeaves as that is too technical, check the approach of downloading/uploading just using EGuide as SASKiwi  proposed

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation