BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bryan09
Calcite | Level 5

I have recently installed VMware layer for playing SAS University Edition virtual machine, I copied my IP and start browsing. But, I can't start using SAS and a message popped-up ... "The locale in_ID cannot be created. The locale name was invalid" ...

I don't know what's wrong with it... I think I have properly configured everything, I have enabled shared folder. Its shared folder's name is 'SASUniversityEdition' with sub-folder 'myfolders' ... I also keep the black screen of VMware Player opened ...

any solution?? please...

11 REPLIES 11
Ksharp
Super User

I think the dark window has already told you the right URL , Like :

http://localhost:10080

bryan09
Calcite | Level 5

Yes sure, I copied the URL from VMware player black-screen and start browsing using it, I clicked on SAS Studio but suddenly an error message popped up .."

"The locale in_ID cannot be created. The locale name was invalid" ....

Could this error related to my Disk Drive?

bryan09
Calcite | Level 5

I don't know how to configure the in_ID locale, I have checked my System Locale on Control Panel and it was still Indonesia. I changed it to English (United States) and restarted Windows, but nothing has changed, I was still unable to Start SAS Studio.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It looks that somewhere during the installation, an invalid locale designation crept in.

See List of ISO 639-1 codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no language code "in", only "id" for Indonesia.

Could even be that your browser setup contains the invalid locale code.

(ie for firefox, it is general.useragent.locale in about:config)

I guess you will have to work through your whole configuration to find the place where the faulty code is specified.

Edit:

The id/in confusion is quite widely spread, as can be seen in Bug ID: JDK-6457127 Indonesian Locale does not comply with ISO 639

or https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5476

from the resources I found, it seems to stem from Sun's (and now Oracle's) refusal to comply with the official codes in the Java world.

I'd also open a track with SAS TS.

jkua006
Calcite | Level 5

Had the same problem with locale as I am based in Indonesia.

Try opening SAS Studio in Firefox browser instead of Google Chrome

hanif001
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I have the some problem with you and also Can't start it either using Chrome or Mozilla. But if your OS is windows 10, try to use microsoft Edge, I've tried this and it works out.

shotgunbluez
Calcite | Level 5

I also face the same problem, before.. But i try open the http://localhost:10080 from opera web browser, and it's working.. Maybe you can try the same way and enjoy SAS.. (:

gabasw
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, me too. thanks

Vidi0306
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, maybe you can also try this.
All you have to do is just changing the default languange of your browser to English/English (USA). It works for me.
aim53
Calcite | Level 5

Try to change browser language, from Indonesian to English USA, and restart your browser, it's work for me.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 in conversation