Help... My mainframe pipe delimited file has the generic title The SAS System

Contributor

Help... My mainframe pipe delimited file has the generic title The SAS System

Does anyone know how can I eliminate this title?     I tried NOTITLES but it didn't like it....

Here's my code I used to create the file:

DATA _NULL_;                                            

SET TRYTHISONE;                                      

FILE "LKV764.ALL.COLLCSV" DLM = "|" DSD LINESIZE=1564;

PUT VAR_1 - VAR_36;                                  

RUN;                               

Thanks!!!                   

Super User

Re: Help... My mainframe pipe delimited file has the generic title The SAS System

NOTITLES should be accepted (as an option on the FILE statement), but would still give you the date and page number.  Add the word NOPRINT at the end of the FILE statement.

Contributor

Re: Help... My mainframe pipe delimited file has the generic title The SAS System

Now it eliminated the Title... However, it is now dropping the first character of every record/line...???

Super User

This could be a conflict with how your JCL defines the output file.  It should use a record format that does not contain a carriage control character.

Contributor

Thanks so much!!!   The NOPRINT messed with my output... So I tried the NOTITLES statement again... But at the END of the File statement...   Woo hoo...  Now it is just the way I need it...   THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation