BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Xinxin
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way for someone to run your SAS programs, without them actually seeing the code? In short, I don't want to hand over my code but someone else needs to run it.....

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Xinxin wrote:

, without them actually seeing the code?

Are you ashamed of your program?

Xinxin
Obsidian | Level 7

Absolutely not Smiley Happy ....on the contrary it's very advanced and efficient.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Is there a reason to not wanting handing over te code?

Is the release/change process missing? That would an issue to solve,

This is meaning you develop have let it tested and someone else after an user-acceptance will test it.

In this kind of processes the handing over is done with all kind of agreements on responsabilities.

Do you want to have your code run while you are not present. No releasemanagement involved, than the question is: can your program being scheduled.  Answer: There are a lot of schedule options.

It depends on the technical enviroment versions tools and the support that is delivered to you.

By the way versioning is something quite different as release management.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Xinxin wrote:

Absolutely not :smileyhappy: ....on the contrary it's very advanced and efficient.

If it's as fancy as you claim then I would think you would want all to see it.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Only one way that I can think of is Compiled Macro.

Fugue
Quartz | Level 8

We are using the SAS BI environment and some of our users run stored processes, with user-modifiable parameters, via SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office (AMO). The underlying SAS code for each stored process is called from an SVN repository, which only we (the IT people) can modify. Users do not have access to the SVN repository, and cannot see the underlying SAS code (except via log output). However, log output can be suppressed so that the user cannot see source code statements in the log.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation