BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ballardw
Super User

Is there any way to set whether to go to first or last message in a discussion on the SAS topics? I find joining a discussion at the end annoying as I always have to go back to the top to find the original quesion.

7 REPLIES 7
reneeharper
SAS Employee

I cannot find a way to specificy a preference to always start at the top of a message thread.  However, I have added it to my list of things to investigate.

Are you using this feature at the bottom of a thread to quickly jump to the top?

totop.PNG

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Nice idea, but the link doesn't seem to work.  At least not in Chrome.  When I click on that link it just inches up the screen a little bit rather than jumping to the top.

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

The Go to original post links works for me using Chrome 13.0.782.99 on Win7. Try this. Go to the Proc Report Byline Problem thread in the ODS and Base Reporting forum. That's a nice long thread. Scroll down to the bottom. Click the Go to original post link. For me, that link takes me back almost to the top so that the 1st post is entirely visible.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Works in IE6 but not in Chrome.  I am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 service pack 3.0.

When I inspect the element in Chrome it shows this.

localscroll.gif

art297
Opal | Level 21

Doesn't work for me using Chrome on XP either.  Only works if I right click it to open it in a new tab.

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

What's your Chrome version?  When I inspect the element it shows this:

image.jpg

When I mouse over that link, the target URL (in the lower-left corner of the browser) is communities.sas.com/thread/30238?tstart=0#30238. Which makes sense, because the Proc Report Byline Problem thread URL is communities.sas.com/thread/30238?tstart=0 and the Go to original post link href is #30238.

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

The Go to original post link works for me in Firefox 5.0 and Internet Explorer 8.

I installed the latest Chrome in an XP virtual machine and I observe the problem you describe. The Chrome version is 12.0.742.122. It's a bug in that version of Chrome.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation