Getting started with building a user interface for SAS reports!!

Occasional Contributor

Getting started with building a user interface for SAS reports!!

OK I know there is a new Web studio product but I wanted something  basic:

I am very good at building reports and putting it in macros so I don't have to change all my code.(love macros!!)

But I am going a step further and would like to put this in the end users hands!

I.e.  I want to build a user interface on our website so they can go in and build their own reports.

Can you please lead me to what applications I need to get started on the HTML and user interface?  I know there is a special application/software that I need to do this for the GUI interface part that links SAS to the website.

I have all the SAS code and proc tabulates already put in macros on the backend, I just need to put it out there for the user in an easy way so they can get their own numbers.

I look forward to suggestions.

Thanks!

Jessica

Super User

Re: Getting started with building a user interface for SAS reports!!

You may be looking for SAS/IntrNet.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks all!  It looks like SAS/IntrNet is a better option than SAS/AF because its online and the end-user doesnt need SAS installed on their computer to run the reports.  I will try take a few classes on IntrNet and design a user interface for my company to use.

I don't want the end user to even know its SAS...that would just scare them away!

Contributor

Have you considered SAS/AF ?   It allows you to build GUI's to pass parameters to macro variables in SAS programs.

New Contributor

Using SAS stored process web application may be an option.

http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/stpwebapp.html

Contributor SGB
Contributor

Currently I am involved in a project in which I am using SAS stored process web application for creating UI and building reports successfully!. Please let me know if you need any inputs!

SGB

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I would like more information on the application you used.  did you use SAS/WebAF or IntrNet?  Did you develop your own HTML? Any information would be helpful on how your initially designed the reports for web use.

Contributor

Hi Guillory,

I am trying to achieve exactly what you were trying to do at the time. I am curious to know what tools you ended up using to create a GUI for the users. Any suggestion, codes sample etc is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PS

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 in conversation