BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Isevr
Calcite | Level 5

Hy,

I raise an unresolved issue posted in 2013.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience working with indirectly standardized rates.

Standardized rates is the product of the target crude rate and the ratio of observed to expected values from the relevant regression model.

In short, I try to compute the control limits by using the formulas in Appendix A.2.1.in Spiegelhalter's 2005 paper on funnel plots.
I'm working on SAS 9.3.

Thanks,

IE

5 REPLIES 5
Isevr
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for answering.

These papers are for binomial and normal variables, I'm looking for the application for poisson variable.

Isabelle

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, but Spieghalter show in Appendix A.2 how to compute the limits for the Poisson case. The second blog post uses the formulas from Appendix A.1, but the idea is the same. The important programming detail is that you can use the QUANTILE function to invert the cumulative Poisson distribution (F^{-1} in the paper). For the interpolation, mimic what the blog post does when it interpolates the binomial proportions.

Isevr
Calcite | Level 5

I try to.It seems to work for smr (target theta=1) but for standardized ratio with target not equal to 1, it is not so simple.

Thank you anyway.

sasseln
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Isevr,

I am having the same problem as you. Did you manage to write a sytnax for the intervals for SMR using the poisson distribution? Would you mind sharing it? That would be so helpful!

Thanks a lot!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation