BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AbuChowdhury
Fluorite | Level 6

In the attached file, for each firm (Code) there may be more than one CAR (cumulative abnormal return) values for each year. For example, the firm BMG200452024 has three car values in 2010. However,  for each firm I need to have only one CAR value for each year. It means that if the same firm has multiple CARs in a specific year because of the multiple tradedates, the average of those CAR values for that year needs to be calculated. It means, for each firm for each year there should be one CAR value. For example, for the firm BMG200452024, the average of the three CAR values needs to be calculated for 2010 (since there are three CAR values of this firm in 2010), and so on for all firms.

How can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

I put your data into a folder and run:

libname a "S:\Temp\Rob";

proc sql;

create table WANT as

select  distinct

CODE,

YEAR,

AVG(CAR) as AVG_CAR

from    A.CAR

group by CODE,

YEAR;

quit;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

I put your data into a folder and run:

libname a "S:\Temp\Rob";

proc sql;

create table WANT as

select  distinct

CODE,

YEAR,

AVG(CAR) as AVG_CAR

from    A.CAR

group by CODE,

YEAR;

quit;

AbuChowdhury
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much. It works.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation