Frequency tabulation without the N's

Contributor

Frequency tabulation without the N's

Hi, I have got this tabulation below but the final table appears with 'N' on each column. How do I remove the N's? Thanks. proc format ; value test 1-9='1-9' 10-20='10-20' 21-100='Over20' ; run; data have; input studentid          studentbehaviour  $      visits; newvisit=put(visits,test.); cards; 110                          good                            2 111                          good                            15 113                          bad                            10 114                          bad                              1 115                          nice                            2 116                          nice                            24 117                          good                            6 119                          bad                            3 ; run; proc tabulate data=have ; class studentbehaviour newvisit; table studentbehaviour,newvisit; run;

Super Contributor

Re: Frequency tabulation without the N's

Hi,

Try this..

proc tabulate data=have ;

class studentbehaviour newvisit;

table studentbehaviour,newvisit*n=''; run;

Thanks,

Shiva

Contributor

To be precise, my tabulation statement looks like this,

proc tabulate data =have;

class studentbehaviour newvisit;

table studentbehaviour  =' ' all,     

newvisit ='These are new visits' all

/box= 'Type of student behaviour' misstext='0';   

run;

Stikll cant remove the the N's

Super User

You are not explicitly selecting a statistic. Since you are useing only class variables that generates a default statistic of N.

Shivas' response was correct in that if you explicitly ask for the N statistic then using the form *N='' (no space between quotes) will turn off the label of n.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation