BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DeclanBall
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

My SAS is on a remote server that I remotely sign onto. I recently tried to run a proc means with a median option and my log informed me I had run out of memory. 

How exactly can I find out how much memory I have available to work with? Little worried it's not adequate...

Many thanks,

Declan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Proc options option=memsize;run;
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Or if you want to see all memory related option settings:

proc options group=memory;
run;

N.B: A value of zero means normally "as much as available" ....and how much is available will depend on the time you execute your process and what other processes you're competing with. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation