BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PRudnick
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to find duplicates in one column that have different values in another.  For example, different sender names with the same sender address.  I am using EG and I am not sure which option would be the best.

For example:

Sender Name                   Sender Address

John Doe                              123 Main St.

Jane Doe                              123 Main St.

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Can you use proc freq on the data?

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

if you don't mind putting down some SAS code, and assuming name and address are all you have, then try the following:

proc sql;

create table want/*this is your output table*/ as

select * from have /*this is the input table*/

group by sender_address

having count(*) >1

;quit;

Or like suggested, try using proc freq. In EG, you will find it under the task name called  "One-Way Frequencies".

Haikuo

PRudnick
Calcite | Level 5

There is a lot of data involved....  I have 49 different columns.  Proc freq will show me how many times an address is used but I want to be able to output the instance where different Senders are using the same address

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

You could try using query builder , and/or one-way frequencies, or just run the code that I posted with a minor weak:

proc sql;

create table want/*this is your output table*/ as

select * from have /*this is the input table*/

group by sender_address

having count(distinct sender_name) >1

;quit;

This will give you all the addresses that have more than one different names.

Haikuo

Update: not that I am not aware you are EG user, but to post numerous screen shots is just too much for me.

PravinMishra
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

If you have Data Flux Tool you can do it very easily. you need to run the DF job with proper QKB attached with it.

It will generate same ID for duplicate records.

Let me know if you want if you want more elaboration.

Thanks

Pravin

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation